7 Steps to a Successful Candle Fundraiser
So you have decided to sell candles for your fundraiser? Although candles are a popular and highly profitable product as well as easy to sell, it is important to develop a plan for your candle fundraiser in order to experience maximum success.
1. Decide what scents you want to offer. Many candle companies offer over 50 scents and offering all of them to your customers will overwhelm them, so choose 8-20 and offer only these scents.
2. What size of candles are you going to offer? Most companies offer more than one size, so you need to decide if you will offer all the sizes or only a large or medium jar.
3. When will you do the fundraiser? It is good to choose a 2-3 week time frame and for candle fundraisers, the best time is usually either in the fall candle season or near Valentine’s day or Mother’s day as these are popular times for candles.
4. How will you get the candles? Different companies offer different kinds of candles at various prices and of various qualities. Decide who you will work with for your fundraiser and make sure they are reliable and that the candles are of reasonable quality.
5. What will you give to your sellers to help them sell? Many companies offer flyers and order forms to help you and some companies may have other sales aids as well. Make sure that you use something that will help your buyers to understand what they are purchasing.
6. What is your fundraising goal and how many candles will you need to sell in order to make it a success?
7. How and when will the candles be delivered? Now, what your delivery timeline is and have a plan for getting the candles delivered to the purchasers once they have arrived.
Follow these steps and your candle fundraiser will no doubt be a success.
Have Great Success with Fundraiser Candles
How can you have great success with Fundraiser Candles? Candles are beautiful, they’re substantial, and when you hold one in your hand, smell the amazing fragrance, and the dancing light there’s no doubt about the quality. What worries some fundraising teams about a product so heavy is the shipping costs. Some groups may even try to avoid candle fundraisers for that very reason – because they don’t think they will be able to afford the shipping.
But with our candle fundraising ideas, we have made the shipping deals not only reasonable for groups of all sizes but starting with sales levels of just 150 units, your group may even qualify for free shipping.
Considering the weight of each unit, that’s a really fantastic deal, and can really help you keep your profit levels high. For example, take our newest fundraiser candles, the Earth Candles brochure.
These are very popular candles because of their beauty, their lasting scent, and their eco-friendliness. You do not have to pay any money upfront – just tell us how many people are on your fundraising team, and we’ll send you all the brochures and order forms you’ll need to get started. Candles are not a hard sell at all – people love to buy them, and love to give them as gifts. And if you can sell just 150 candles, we’ll ship them all to you for free.
If for some reason your group does not make the 150 unit threshold, don’t panic – we only add on a flat rate of $65, so you’re still doing well for profit. And how much profit can you make? For each of our fundraiser candles, you will keep 50% of the purchase price, which is fantastic, and we do our best to get your order shipped out to you within a week of your placing it so that you can keep your supporters happy and everyone can start enjoying their candles as soon as possible.
How a Candle Fundraiser Brochure Works
Some groups shy away from the idea of a candle fundraiser, simply because they find the idea intimidating. They worry about having to lug candles around out in the field, or the horrors of shipping such a heavy product.
There are a lot of misconceptions about how candle fundraisers are run, and that’s why it’s beneficial to take the time to explain how a candle fundraiser brochure works. The concept is a lot more simple than you might have imagined, and with this extra information, you might be persuaded to give the idea of a candle fundraiser a second chance.
The idea behind a candle fundraiser brochure is twofold: one, it saves you the trouble of having to lug candles with you everywhere you go, which would get tedious pretty quickly, and would probably cause you a backache pretty soon. Two, it creates a situation where your group does not have to put any money down upfront in order to get started with your fundraiser.
You simply call us, tell us how many brochures and order forms you need, and we get those sent out to you free of charge.
Your supporters can look through the candle fundraiser brochure while you tell them about your group and its purpose. Delivery time is also not the hassle you might have imagined. As long as your group can commit to a minimum order of 150 candles, we have a candle fundraiser brochure you can use where you’ll get free shipping.
If for some reason you end up not making the minimum threshold, don’t panic – there’s only a small $65 freight charge added on in that case. Free shipping is really what makes this idea work so well, so it’s worth it to beef up your fundraising team and get them out there with their candle fundraiser brochures, making sure you make that minimum order requirement.