So you have decided to sell candles for your fundraiser? Although candles are a popular and highly profitable product as well as easy to sell, it is important to develop a plan for your candle fundraiser in order to experience maximum success.
1. Decide what scents you want to offer. Many candle companies offer over 80 scents and offering all of them to your customers will overwhelm them, so choose 20-40 and offer only these scents.
2. What size of candles are you going to offer? Most companies offer more than one size, so you need to decide if you will offer all the sizes or only a large or medium jar.
3. When will you do the fundraiser? It is good to choose a 2-3 week time frame and for candle fundraisers, the best time is usually either in the fall candle season or near Valentine’s day or Mother’s day as these are popular times for candles.
4. How will you get the candles? Different companies offer different kinds of candles at various prices and of various qualities. Decide who you will work with for your fundraiser and make sure they are reliable and that the candles are of reasonable quality.
5. What will you give to your sellers to help them sell? Many companies offer flyers and order forms to help you and some companies may have other sales aids as well. Make sure that you use something that will help your buyers to understand what they are purchasing.
6. What is your fundraising goal and how many candles will you need to sell in order to make it a success?
7. How and when will the candles be delivered? Now, what your delivery timeline is and have a plan for getting the candles delivered to the purchasers once they have arrived.
Follow these steps and your candle fundraiser will no doubt be a success.